Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED......


To make one of these, but I never take my glasses off except to sleep. Then in October when I was in Utah, my friend Mary complained about looking for her glasses! There it was, the perfect opportunity. So I made it for her for her birthday. Which is in January. It finally was put into the mail.

It was great fun to make. I did not have a pattern just a picture of one I had seen while surfing the internet. But once I thought it all out, it was fine. It is weighted with round pocket weights I sewed on to a piece of batting and then basted to the bottom of the pincushion....The Glass pocket is lined with Warm and Natural so that it cradles the glasses..the Pincushion can, in fact, function as such.

I think she is using it. Mary took this picture and sent it to me.

I FEEL SPRING.......................Also, look for a new picture of my little Coco!

1 comment:

  1. Sharon, this is a gorgeous idea, good to hear from you again and hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete