Thursday, June 11, 2009

EGA SHARED IDEA

Some day I will figure out how to actually make a post larger....until that time you will have to endure my putting the information under the picture!



What you see below is a gift I made for my friend Connie for her birthday. Several months ago one of the generous members of my EGA Chapter, brought one of these for us to see. Hers was made from an Oriental Design of a Tea Towel. It was sewn onto itself approx 2 1/2" across the bottom and then that was stuffed into a roll and the ends of it gathered shut.



By now most of you know that I can not leave something alone SOOO, I made mine out of a quilted placemat as I thought it would give some bulk. I sewed some rings along the stuffed roll as a thread keeper. I cut a matching placemat and made it into a scissor Fob. The Fob has a snap on the ribbon and on the Matt so that you can snap it into place or have it separated to use! I used some china buttons to sew the ribbons in place on the outside. You put a project and all it's thread into the Project Keeper, roll it up, and tie the ribbons on the outside. It is perfect for small projects and you can put it into your purse!



I had made one of these for myself. Connie liked it and wanted to know how to make one. It was a perfect idea for her Birthday!



I realize the directions might not be great and if you want more details, let me know - I will try to explain better.....perhaps with a little drawing!

1 comment:

  1. I would love more detail instructions for this piece. It's looks great and a little diagram would be a bonus. Thank you and your work is beautiful. Patti L. in N.Y. plautumn@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete