Sunday, July 5, 2009

A Visit East


I spent the last several days visiting my family in Pennsylvania. As it is our custom to do, we visited a farm market (Strite's) and found heavenly fresh fruit. The tart you see on the left is made with Blueberries, Red Raspberries, Black Berries, Sour Cherries, Apricots, and Fresh Peaches....the cobbler topping was made with oatmeal, flour and sugar substitute. It was delicious and we enjoyed it thoroughly for the entire weekend! I did some stitching on my designs and even got a little Christmas ornament complete.
I have had little time to tell you about my trip to Clifton Park, New York. The project was very beautiful and I shall post some pictures here soon....I want to complete another piece or two. Jackie is a talented woman. Not just creatively but her teaching skills are beyond compare. Take 13 type A women and put them in a room where they swear they are not competitive and she manages to make the event a joy to share. I have taken many classes at many retreats and no one has come near to teaching me the things that Jackie has taught me. It is an uncommon combination of teacher and artist.
The woman who hosts this event at her home is generous and gracious - to a fault. She opens her home to us and rearranges her house to accommodate all the things needed for a fun and enticing event. I am grateful to be included in this group of women. Serendipity exists!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds amazing, both the cobbler and the stitching event. CJ ok;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your progress pics!

    ReplyDelete