Saturday, August 8, 2009

One Fine Day

One of my favorite movies is One Fine Day with George Cloney and Michelle Pfeiffer. When they make the movie of my life I think Michelle will be perfect in the role of me......Diane Keaton had the role at one point but she seems to be aging!

Anyway...my friend, Virginia, inspires me to learn some French and I will be visiting there with some stitcher friends next spring so I decided One Fine Day should be in French. This is the Babel Fish translation.....not sure it is perfect but it works! I have made a kit I am sending off to Virginia as part of her Birthday present.....

It is to be 95 degrees in Chicago today and I have my EGA meeting on the second floor of an old Horner Park Building...no elevator, no AC, and a great old curmudgeon of a guy at the front desk.....one of my joys is making him grumble "Hello" at me.

As some of you know, I had a presentation last week that was, again in my opinion, a near disaster. Well, wonder of wonders, we made the short list and may get the project. Mysterious things happen.

Today shall be one fine day!

3 comments:

  1. I love the cheerful colors! GA is in the upper 90s as well. Great reason to stay in and stitch! Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute project, congrats on the finish. I to love that movie. CJ ok;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great little design! I believe that is the correct translation. I think anyway... I took 4 years of High School French but that was eons ago!

    ReplyDelete